Friday, April 17, 2009

Leyla & Makai








Today Leyla, Makai and I had a fun girl day. We started our adventure after lunch by swinging by Mc Donalds to get some yummy icecream, that was my little bribe to them to be good at the cool antique store in town. We bought a vintage vanity seat covered in gold crushed velvet and tassles and got a cool 1940's kodak camera. Today I decided I want to start collecting vintage camera's. It sounds fun, plus I haven't collected anything since my rock colecting days in second grade. After finishing up our quick retail therepy session we jumped in the car and blasted Taylor Swift for our 20 min. ride to our favorite park. Both Leyla and Makai want to be Taylor when they grow up. Leyla wants to be the "real" Taylor and Kai wants to be the Taylor that plays drums. Their favorite song is "love story", they both sing there hearts out when it comes on. We ended our day by me crimping the girls hair and putting blush and lipstick on them. They looked adorable. I am so glad that Leyla and Makai are so close. They play so well together. Leyla tells people that Makai is her sister but her cousin. I always have to stop and explain that one to people when they give me a weird look...

1 comment:

Michelle McKeen said...

Gosh I miss you guys. I am really sad that we will be missing Leyla's bday...however, I really want to go bowling when I bring the kids out in May! It will be fun :)